Broccoli and anchovy pasta with lemon breadcrumbs
- September 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Crunchy lemon breadcrumbs take this quick dinner recipe from a simple budget meal to an Italian-style midweek winner.
- 14.1g (2g saturated)
- 78.4g (4.1g sugars)
- 400g linguine or spaghetti
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves
- Handful fresh parsley leaves
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 8-9 minutes. Roughly chop the tenderstem broccoli and add it to the pan for the final 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan, add the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper, and fry over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until golden. Zest the lemon, then stir through the crumbs and tip onto a plate.
- Wipe the pan, then add another 1 tbsp oil. Chop the anchovies and crush the garlic, then add to the pan. Fry over a medium heat for 2 minutes. Chop the parsley.
- Once the pasta and broccoli are cooked but still have some bite, drain, keeping a ladleful of the cooking water. Stir the pasta, broccoli and reserved water into the mixture in the frying pan, then heat gently for 2 minutes. Squeeze in the lemon juice, then toss through the breadcrumbs, remaining oil and parsley. Taste and season, then serve.
Rate & review