Brussels sprout mash
- December 2008
- Serves 6-8
- Takes 5 minutes to make and 7-8 minutes to cook
This Brussels sprout mash recipe is the perfect side dish for Christmas or any Sunday roast.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 14.7g (8.8g saturated)
- 3.7g (2.7g sugar)
- 500g Brussels sprouts, prepared
- 25g butter, plus extra to serve
- 75ml double cream
- Fresh sage, to garnish (optional)
- Put the sprouts in a large pan of salted water, bring to the boil, then cover until the water comes back up to the boil. Uncover and cook for 5-6 minutes, until the sprouts are tender.
- In a small pan, melt the butter with the cream over a low heat. Drain the sprouts, then whizz in a food processor with the butter, cream and a pinch of pepper.
- Spoon into a serving dish, add a knob of butter and garnish with sage.
If you’re making this mash in advance, just heat it up briskly in an uncovered dish – prolonged covered heat will make the sprouts dull in colour. But it’s also a great lifesaver if you overcook your Brussels on the day itself.
Rate & review