Cajun-style charred salmon with cowboy potatoes
- May 2019
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 30 min
An easy, one-pan meal for two that sees crispy potatoes and peppers topped with cajun-spiced salmon fillets and drizzled in a herby yoghurt dressing.
Not a fan of fish? Try our warm cajun-style pork salad instead.
- 31.7g (5.6g saturated)
- 38.9g (16g sugars)
- 250g maris piper potatoes
- Olive oil pinch of salt
- 2 mixed peppers
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice mix, plus an extra ½ tsp
- 2 sustainable skinless salmon fillets
- 50g natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Chop the maris piper potatoes into 1.5cm chunks. Drizzle some olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the potatoes, tossing to coat. Add a pinch of salt and fry for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden and almost tender. Deseed and chop the peppers into chunks, then add to the pan with the dried oregano. Cook for 10-15 minutes until soft and starting to char and caramelise.
- Mix 2tbsp Cajun spice mix with 1 tbsp olive oil, then spread over both sides of the salmon fillets. Heat a glug of oil in another frying pan, then add the salmon and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Mix ½ tsp Cajun spice mix with the natural yogurt and finely chopped parsley. Top the potatoes and peppers with the salmon, then drizzle with the yogurt and sprinkle with more parsley to serve.
Rate & review