Quick linguine carbonara with courgette and bacon
- July 2012
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
Pasta is great for an easy midweek meal and this linguine carbonara recipe, with courgette and bacon, is quick as well as tasty.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 180g pack Tesco Finest Oak Smoked Lardons, or similar
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150g baby courgettes, sliced lengthways into thin ribbons
- Iced water
- 300g packet Tesco Free Range Egg Linguine, or similar
- 100ml crème fraîche
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 30g parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, then add the lardons and cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until beginning to crisp. Reduce the heat a little, then add the onion. Continue to cook in the bacon fat for 5 minutes, then add the garlic. Stir for 30 seconds, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the courgette ribbons, simmer for 30 seconds, then remove with a slotted spoon and plunge into iced water to refresh. Drain and set aside.
- Bring the pan of water back up to the boil, add the fresh linguine and cook for 2 minutes. Meanwhile whisk together the crème fraîche, egg and cheese, then season well. Once the pasta has cooked, drain well, then tip back into the hot pan. Quickly stir the crème fraîche mixture through the hot pasta, followed by the bacon and onion and the courgettes. Toss well, then serve with lots of black pepper and another scattering of parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Bacon, beans and lemon carbonara
You only need 20 minutes to make our take on classic carbonara. Made with bacon,...