- December 2005
- Serves 8
- Ready in 45 minutes
This is an easy recipe for lovely, creamy celeriac soup
- Gluten-free recipes
- 4.7g (2.8g saturated)
- 5.5g (1.9g sugars)
- 25g butter
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 350g celeriac, roughly diced
- 150g potato, roughly diced
- 600ml vegetable stock, hot
- 5 tbsp single cream, to serve
- Fresh chives, to garnish
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the leek and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add the celeriac, cover with a sheet of damp greaseproof paper and a lid and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and paper. Add the potato and stock to the pan. Cover with the lid, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, partially covered, for 10-12 minutes, until tender. Cool, then blitz with a stick blender or whizz in a food processor in batches, until smooth.
- Stir the cream into the soup, season and reheat until piping hot. Divide between cups or bowls and garnish with chives.
To freeze: make the soup up until the end of step 2, then cool and freeze in a freezerproof container for up to 1 month. Defrost in the fridge for 24 hours, then complete step 3.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Celeriac and apple soup with girolle mushrooms and cheesy toasts
This autumnal soup recipe uses seasonal ingredients such as celeriac, apple and mushrooms to make...