Chard, artichoke and blue cheese tart
- February 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
Ready-rolled puff pastry and artichokes from a jar makes this vegetarian chard, artichoke and blue cheese tart incredibly quick to prepare.
Love artichokes? We’ve got lots more ideas on how to use the vegetable in our artichoke recipe collection.
- 55.6g (24.9g saturated)
- 38.7g (2g sugar)
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 375g ready-rolled puff pastry
- 200g red or rainbow chard, washed
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 100g crème fraîche
- 20g vegetarian Parmesan, grated
- 285g jar artichoke hearts in olive oil, drained
- 90g vegetarian blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat a baking sheet to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. On a floured surface, roll out the pastry and use to line the base and sides of a Swiss roll tin (about 33cm x 23cm). Prick the base all over with a fork and chill.
- Cook the chard in a small pan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes until just tender. Drain and pat dry with kitchen paper. In a bowl, beat the eggs and crème fraîche. Season.
- Sprinkle the pastry base with the Parmesan, then cover with the artichokes and chard. Pour the egg mix over and top with the blue cheese.
- Cook on the preheated baking sheet for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling is set.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sponsored by Yeo Valley Organic
Cheddar and chard tart with cheese and oatmeal pastry
Cheddar and chard are paired with a robust oatmeal pastry in Debbie Major’s cheesy vegetarian...