Cheat’s chicken goujons
- June 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 min to make, 15 min to cook
You only need a few ingredients to make this easy-but-clever chicken recipe for two. Making your own beats shop-bought ones and they are just as quick to make too.
- 500ml vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 300g chicken mini fillets
- 2 tbsp plain flour, seasoned
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- 50g Bart Lemon & Pepper Crispy Crumbs, or similar
- 385g pack new potatoes with herbs and butter
- 200g coleslaw
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Gently heat the oil in a large, deep, heavy-based pan (it should be no more than one-third full).
- Put the chicken, flour, egg and breadcrumbs into separate shallow bowls. Toss the chicken in the flour to lightly coat, shaking off the excess. Dip the floured chicken in beaten egg, then in crumbs to coat, and transfer to a plate.
- When the oil is hot enough (180ÁC) a cube of bread will turn golden in 60 seconds. Fry the chicken in 3 batches for 3-5 minutes each, depending on the size of the pieces, until cooked through and golden. Remove using a slotted spoon and transfer to a large, kitchen paper-lined dish.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes according to the pack instructions. Mix the coleslaw with the parsley and serve with the warm goujons, potatoes and lemon wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cheat’s chicken and spinach curry
Just five shop-bought ingredients go into this speedy chicken and spinach curry recipe that’s ready...