Parmesan chicken goujons with thyme tomatoes
- October 2010
- 4 free-range skinless chicken breasts
- 50g plain flour
- 1 large free-range egg
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 50g Parmesan, finely grated
- 40g fine quick-cook polenta (such as Merchant Gourmet)
- 30g fresh white fine breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
For the thyme tomatoes
- 300g cherry tomatoes, some halved, some quartered
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- Slice each chicken breast into 3 thick strips. Season the flour and place in a shallow bowl. Whisk the egg with the mustard in a second bowl, then combine the Parmesan, polenta and breadcrumbs in a third.
- Roll the chicken strips in the flour, shake off the excess, then dip in the egg. Finally, roll in the Parmesan crumbs. Chill on a plate, covered, for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- For the thyme tomatoes, place the tomatoes in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and season. With the back of a fork, gently squash to release some juices and combine the flavours. Set aside to marinate.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a sauté pan over a medium heat. Add the goujons and fry for 4 minutes, turning, until golden and crisp all over. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. Sprinkle with salt and serve warm, with the thyme tomatoes on the side.
These goujons go really well with tomato chutney.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken breast recipes
Grilled cherry tomato sauce with pan-fried chicken breast and spinach
Pan-fried chicken breasts served with a fresh tomato sauce and spinach – a good-for-you midweek meal...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...