Cheat’s chilli prawn tagliatelle
- May 2010
- Serves 2
- Ready in 15 min
Just seven ingredients going into this tasty prawn pasta recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes – you can’t go wrong with this speedy midweek meal.
- 200g fresh red pepper and chilli tagliatelle, or regular tagliatelle
- 1 courgette, coarsely grated
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½-1 large red chilli, deseeded, finely diced
- 200g large, raw peeled king prawns
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lime
- 150ml half-fat crème fraîche
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions and drain well (saving a little of the cooking water). Return the pasta to the pan, drizzle with a little olive oil and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the grated courgette, garlic and chilli, season well and fry for 1-2 minutes until softened slightly. Add the prawns, lime zest and juice and fry for 1-2 minutes until the prawns turn pink. Stir in the crème fraîche and warm through, then add a little of the reserved cooking water to make more sauce, if necessary.
- Toss the prawn mixture with the hot cooked pasta until well mixed, then serve with lime wedges to squeeze over, if you like.
You could try adding fresh white crab meat to this tasty pasta dish instead of prawns, if you like.
Rate & review