Cheat’s prawn balti
- March 2009
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 minutes to make and 30 minutes to cook
A flavour-packed spicy supper to see off a chilly evening. This quick and easy prawn balti recipe is ready in 35 minutes and tastes just as good as the one at your local Indian takeaway. A great fakeaway!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, diced
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 small sweet potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 350g balti sauce
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g peeled raw king prawns
- ½ lime
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
- Strips of red chilli
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil and gently fry shallots and ginger for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add garam masala and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more. Add sweet potatoes and fry until golden, then pour in balti sauce and cherry tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender.
- Gently stir through king prawns. Simmer gently for 3 minutes until the prawns are cooked through. Squeeze over the lime and scatter with a handful fresh coriander leaves and some strips of red chilli. Serve with raita and a tandoori naan, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegetarian comfort food recipes
Baked gnocchi with cream, mushrooms and blue cheese sauce
This recipe of soft, pillowy gnocchi baked in a creamy blue cheese mushroom sauce is...