Cheese ‘polpette’ with lemon
- September 2006
- 25g butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g minced beef
- 250g minced pork
- 75g Grana Padano, finely grated
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus thin lemon wedges, to garnish
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes.
- Scoop the onion mix into a large bowl and add the minced meats, cheese, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley, egg and salt. Mix together with your hands, then divide the mixture into about 30 walnut-size pieces and roll into balls (polpette). Flatten each ball slightly into a small disc.
- Wipe the frying pan clean, add the remaining olive oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add the polpette, a few at a time, and fry for 2-3 minutes, until crisp and nicely browned on either side. Serve hot with the lemon wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick midweek meals
Meatballs in spinach and tomato sauce with herby couscous
Make weekday cooking easier with this hearty meatball recipe made...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter