- April 2019
- Makes 20
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 25 min, plus setting
A gorgeous combination of gooey chocolate brownie swirled with a creamy cheesecake mixture and with added flecks of crunchy biscuits.
Looking for something else? How about our cheesecake brownies with Reese’s peanut butter cups?
- 12.9g (7.5g saturated)
- 28.2g (22.5g sugars)
- 150g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 310g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g plain flour
- 6 digestive biscuits or Hobnobs, broken into small chunks
- 180g full-fat cream cheese (we used Philadelphia)
You’ll also need…
- 20cm square cake tin, greased and lined with non-stick baking paper
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Melt the butter, chocolate and 250g of the sugar in a medium-large saucepan, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate and butter have melted and the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Whisk 3 of the eggs into the melted chocolate mix, one at a time, whisking well to bring the mixture back to a glossy consistency. Add 1 tsp vanilla and a pinch of salt, then beat in the flour until just combined and glossy. Finally, stir in the biscuits.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese with the remaining 60g sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and egg until smooth.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the prepared tin, then randomly spoon over blobs of the cheesecake mixture. Use a knife to swirl through both mixes for a marbled effect, making sure not to touch the bottom of the tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the top is set and starting to crack. Cool in the tin, then cut into 20 squares.
Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to set, then serve.
The brownies will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Rate & review