Chicken noodle soup with mint and lemon
- March 2006
- 2 free-range chicken breasts, on the bone if possible
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp shaoshing wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp runny honey
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 300g straight-to-wok udon noodles
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Lemon slices, to garnish
- Place the chicken, bay leaves and garlic in a pan with 1 litre cold water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, until cooked through, skimming any froth from the surface. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Continue to simmer the broth, adding the soy sauce, wine, honey and lemon juice. Season, adding more soy sauce or lemon juice, if you like.
- Blanch the noodles for 3 minutes in boiling water. Drain and divide between bowls. Thinly slice the chicken and put on top of the noodles. Pour over the broth, scatter with mint and top with a slice of lemon.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken noodle broth
This speedy chicken noodle broth, with miso, chilli and ginger makes a brilliant shortcut supper.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...