Chicken with smoky romesco sauce and garlicky greens
- June 2020
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min
A super quick and healthy but impressive chicken dinner that you can whip together in 15 minutes as a midweek meal but which also fits the bill for date night or Valentine’s Day.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 19.7g (2.7g saturated)
- 7.8g (6.1g sugars)
- 2 small free-range chicken breasts (about 125g each)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 150g roasted red peppers from a jar, drained well
- ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 20g flaked almonds, lightly toasted in a dry pan
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar (or use lemon juice)
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 250g spring greens or kale, thick stems removed, coarsely shredded
- Crusty bread to serve (optional)
- Slice the chicken breasts horizontally almost completely in half, leaving the halves attached down a long side, then open out like a book to ‘butterfly’.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with 2 tsp of the oil over a medium heat, season the chicken well, then add to the pan. Fry for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, using a small food processor (or stick blender and jug),
whizz the drained peppers, paprika, most of the almonds, 1 tbsp of the oil and the vinegar with some salt and lots of pepper until smooth.
- In the frying pan, gently heat the rest of the oil, then fry the garlic
for 3-4 minutes until golden. Add the greens and 2 tbsp water, then increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until wilted. Serve the chicken on top of the greens with a dollop of romesco sauce, a scattering of almond flakes and crusty bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Beef salad recipes
Seared paprika beef salad with smoky romesco sauce
By using clever time-saving ingredients, this warm salad with spice-rubbed beef, new potatoes and romesco...