Sticky sriracha chicken rice with charred veg
- February 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Sriracha is great for more than just drizzling! Use it in a sticky glaze for this lip-smacking chicken thigh recipe. And if you want more ideas, check out our guide on what to do with leftover sriracha.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 15.7g (6.4g saturated)
- 65.7g (23.5g sugars)
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 200g basmati rice
- 400ml chicken stock (gluten free if need be)
- 4 free-range chicken thighs
- Olive oil
- Florets from 1 head of broccoli
- 1 bunch of trimmed and halved spring onions.
- 4 tbsp sriracha chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp runny honey
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2cm fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, then fry the onion with a pinch of salt for 8-10 minutes until starting to caramelise. Stir in the basmati rice, then pour in the chicken stock. Bring to the boil, cover, then turn the heat to low and cook for 10-15 minutes until the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender. Remove from the heat, cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, skin, debone and slice the chicken thighs into strips. Heat a splash of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the strips of chicken and cook for 6 minutes until golden. Turn and cook for a further 6 minutes until cooked through.
- Heat a separate frying or griddle pan until smoking hot. Brush the broccoli florets with olive oil, then cook, turning, until tender and charred. Remove from the pan and repeat with the spring onions.
- Mix the sriracha chilli sauce, runny honey, 3 tbsp water, garlic and ginger. Season, then stir into the chicken. Turn the heat to high and stir-fry the chicken for another 3 minutes or until the sauce is thick. Top the rice with the charred veg, chicken and sauce, then sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...