Seared paprika beef salad with smoky romesco sauce
- March 2014
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 25 min
By using clever time-saving ingredients, this warm salad with spice-rubbed beef, new potatoes and romesco sauce can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. It makes a quick and flavourful starter or light lunch for two.
For a heartier beef dish for two people, try this onglet steak recipe with watercress butter and shoestring potatoes – a winner for a date night or Valentine’s Day.
- 1 tbsp Morrisons Smoked Paprika & Red Pepper Rub, or similar
- 360g Morrisons Herby Baby Potatoes with parsley butter, or similar
- 1 Morrisons Hot & Spicy Flavour Pot, or similar
- 2 x 150g British beef rump steaks
- 50ml olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 25g ground almonds
- 15g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar
- Zest and juice ½ lemon
- 100g rocket
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Massage the smoked paprika and red pepper rub into the steaks, drizzle with oil and season.
- Put the buttery potatoes in a roasting tray, then roast for 15 minutes or until golden and starting to crisp, giving them a shake halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat a dry frying pan over a medium-high heat, then fry the steaks on each side for 1-2 minutes for rare (the rub will catch slightly). Transfer the steaks to a chopping board or plate to rest, covered with foil.
- In a food processor, whizz together the Flavour Pot, ground almonds, fresh breadcrumbs and roasted red pepper. With the motor running, slowly pour in 50ml olive oil and whizz until the mixture forms a thick sauce. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, then taste and season.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, then crush them lightly with a masher or the back of a spoon. Put them in a mixing bowl and toss with the rocket, a drizzle of olive oil, the lemon zest and some salt and pepper. Slice the steaks, then toss with the potatoes and rocket. Divide between 2 plates, then serve with the romesco sauce.
Next time – substitute the beef for 2 chicken breasts and mash the potatoes with the romesco sauce.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Scandi-style steak salad with buttermilk dressing and rye crumbs
A classic Scandinavian salad recipe – steak, beetroot, dill and rye. Perfection.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...