Seared paprika beef salad with smoky romesco sauce
- March 2014
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 25 min
By using clever time-saving ingredients, this paprika beef salad with romesco sauce is on the table in under 30 minutes.
- 1 tbsp Morrisons Smoked Paprika & Red Pepper Rub, or similar
- 360g Morrisons Herby Baby Potatoes with parsley butter, or similar
- 1 Morrisons Hot & Spicy Flavour Pot, or similar
- 2 x 150g British beef rump steaks
- 50ml olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 25g ground almonds
- 15g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar
- Zest and juice ½ lemon
- 100g rocket
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Massage the smoked paprika and red pepper rub into the steaks, drizzle with oil and season.
- Put the buttery potatoes in a roasting tray, then roast for 15 minutes or until golden and starting to crisp, giving them a shake halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat a dry frying pan over a medium-high heat, then fry the steaks on each side for 1-2 minutes for rare (the rub will catch slightly). Transfer the steaks to a chopping board or plate to rest, covered with foil.
- In a food processor, whizz together the Flavour Pot, ground almonds, fresh breadcrumbs and roasted red pepper. With the motor running, slowly pour in 50ml olive oil and whizz until the mixture forms a thick sauce. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, then taste and season.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, then crush them lightly with a masher or the back of a spoon. Put them in a mixing bowl and toss with the rocket, a drizzle of olive oil, the lemon zest and some salt and pepper. Slice the steaks, then toss with the potatoes and rocket. Divide between 2 plates, then serve with the romesco sauce.
Next time – substitute the beef for 2 chicken breasts and mash the potatoes with the romesco sauce.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Crispy cauliflower florets with romesco sauce and rice
We’ve given this quick midweek meal a Spanish twist with a smoky romesco sauce. It...
Scandi-style steak salad with buttermilk dressing and rye crumbs
A classic Scandinavian salad recipe – steak, beetroot, dill and rye. Perfection.