Chicken with fennel and thyme
- September 2004
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 20g bunch fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 200g smoked lardons or pancetta pieces
- 2 fennel bulbs, each cut into 12 wedges
- 1 red onion, sliced into 12 wedges
- 300ml dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put 2 tablespoons of the oil into a non-stick roasting tin. Add the garlic, thyme, 1 tablespoon sea salt and 2 teaspoons ground black pepper and mix. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Scatter with the lardons or pancetta, add the fennel and onion, and drizzle with the remaining oil. Cook for 15 minutes, then increase the oven temperature to 230°C/fan210°C/gas 8.
- Pour the wine into the tin and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and the vegetables tender. Serve with the Lemon-dressed tagliatelle (see recipe).
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
December seasonal recipes
Tray-baked chicken with parsley, pesto and sourdough croutons
If you’re looking for an easy dinner that everyone will love, look no further than...