Christmas roast parsnips and carrots
- December 2007
- Serves 8
- Takes 10 minutes to make and about 50 minutes in the oven
Make Christmas dinner (or any Sunday roast) a little easier with our all-in-one roast parsnip and carrot recipe.
Looking for something more fancy? Try our carrots and parsnips with a maple and orange glaze.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 5.6g (2.8g saturated)
- 9.7g (3.9g sugar)
- 750g small (each 100-125g) parsnips
- 500g small carrots
- 50g butter
- 1-2 tbsp runny honey
- 25g vegetarian Parmesan, grated (optional)
- Cut the vegetables in half lengthways. Cook in a pan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a roasting tin by heating in the oven at 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5 for 3-4 minutes. Add the honey and mix well.
- Add the parsnips to the tin and toss and roast for 30 minutes. When you remove the turkey, increase the temperature to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Turn the parsnips, add the carrots to the tin and toss well. Roast for a further 20 minutes, until golden. Toss with the cheese to serve.
To freeze parsnips parboil for 3 minutes, then drain. When cold, sprinkle with rosemary or thyme, if you like, open freeze in a single layer in a tray, then pop into freezer bags for up to 1 month. Cook the parsnips from step 3 of the recipe.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Balsamic and brown sugar roast carrots and parsnips
If you’re looking for something a little different to serve with your roast dinner, try...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...