Christmas roast parsnips and carrots
- December 2007
- Serves 8
- Takes 10 minutes to make and about 50 minutes in the oven
Make Christmas dinner (or any Sunday roast) a little easier with our all-in-one roast parsnip and carrot recipe.
Looking for something more fancy? Try our carrots and parsnips with a maple and orange glaze.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 5.6g (2.8g saturated)
- 9.7g (3.9g sugar)
- 750g small (each 100-125g) parsnips
- 500g small carrots
- 50g butter
- 1-2 tbsp runny honey
- 25g vegetarian Parmesan, grated (optional)
- Cut the vegetables in half lengthways. Cook in a pan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a roasting tin by heating in the oven at 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5 for 3-4 minutes. Add the honey and mix well.
- Add the parsnips to the tin and toss and roast for 30 minutes. When you remove the turkey, increase the temperature to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Turn the parsnips, add the carrots to the tin and toss well. Roast for a further 20 minutes, until golden. Toss with the cheese to serve.
To freeze parsnips parboil for 3 minutes, then drain. When cold, sprinkle with rosemary or thyme, if you like, open freeze in a single layer in a tray, then pop into freezer bags for up to 1 month. Cook the parsnips from step 3 of the recipe.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Balsamic and brown sugar roast carrots and parsnips
If you’re looking for something a little different to serve with your roast dinner, try...