Balsamic and brown sugar roast carrots and parsnips
- December 2015
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 1 hour 25 min
If you’re looking for something a little different to serve with your roast dinner, try this balsamic roast carrot and parsnip recipe – it’s bursting with sweet flavours. We’ve taken it to the next level with the addition of balsamic vinegar.
- Vegan recipes
- 6.1g (1g saturated)
- 27g (18.4g sugars)
- 1kg carrots, cut lengthways into wedges
- 1kg parsnips, cut lengthways into wedges, woody middles removed
- 3 tbsp olive/sunflower/rapeseed oil
- 3-4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ gas 6. Put the carrots and parsnips in a large roasting tin with the oil, toss to coat and season well. Roast for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Pour over the balsamic vinegar, scatter over the brown sugar and toss well. Return to the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes more until the veg is soft, caramelised and crisp in places. Watch out for any thin bits burning – if they do, snap them off and discard. Serve immediately.
The exact cooking time will depend on how thick the carrots and parsnips are cut.
Rate & review