Butterbean and vegetable stew
- September 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Perfect for when time is short, this vegetarian one-pot is crying out to have big chunks of baguette dipped in it.
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 7.4g (1.2g saturated)
- 32g (14.7g sugars)
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 carrots, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 600ml passata
- Pinch caster sugar
- 200g frozen spinach
- 2 x 400g tins butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- ½ large bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Crusty baguette slices
- Heat a glug of oil in a large flameproof casserole over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic and carrots. Fry for a further 5-10 minutes until the carrots start to soften.
- Add the passata along with 200ml water and a pinch of sugar. Bring to a simmer and bubble for 5 minutes, then add the spinach and beans. Simmer for a further 10 minutes until hot, then taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir through the parsley and basil, then serve in bowls with crusty baguette slices.
Rate & review