Cool garden salad recipe
- September 2006
- Serves 6
- Ready in 10 min
A simple salad to serve alongside meat or fish.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 0.4g (0.2g saturated)
- 4.8g (4.3g sugars)
- 1 English round crisp lettuce
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 small pomegranate
- 150g pot natural yogurt
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Few dashes of Tabasco
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Wash the whole lettuce, then shake off the excess water. Cut off the base of the stalk, open up the lettuce and separate out the leaves. Put onto a large platter.
- Peel the cucumber and cut in half. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the seeds and discard. Thinly slice the cucumber and scatter over the lettuce.
- Roll the pomegranate between your hands. Halve, hold upside-down and tap with a rolling pin to pop out the seeds. Sprinkle over the leaves.
- Mix the yogurt, mint, Tabasco and vinegar together. Pour into a jug and drizzle over the salad to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Green salad with a walnut and lemon dressing
This fresh, nutty salad recipe goes well with a spread on Boxing Day or makes...
Wild rice salad with peas, pea shoots and green harissa
A summery, vegetarian rice salad recipe full of fresh flavours and with a kick of...