Green salad with a walnut and lemon dressing
- December 2009
- Serves 8
- Ready in 16 minutes
This fresh, nutty salad recipe goes well with a spread on Boxing Day or makes a classy side salad as part of a dinner party menu.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 14.1g (2.4g saturated)
- 8.9g (1.3g sugar)
- 4 baby gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 120g ciabatta, sliced into 2cm cubes
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Pinch of caster sugar
- Handful fresh chives, snipped
- 25g shaved vegetarian Parmesan
- Scatter the lettuce leaves over a large platter. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the ciabatta cubes for 6 minutes until browned on all sides and scatter over the salad.
- Whisk together the other oils, lemon juice, garlic and sugar, and season well. Drizzle over the salad. Scatter over the chives and Parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Avocado, pomegranate and bean salad with hazelnut dressing
A simple side salad recipe for gatherings of friends or family. The salad, with a...