Green salad with a walnut and lemon dressing
- December 2009
- Serves 8
- Ready in 16 minutes
This fresh, nutty salad recipe goes well with a spread on Boxing Day or makes a classy side salad as part of a dinner party menu.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 14.1g (2.4g saturated)
- 8.9g (1.3g sugar)
- 4 baby gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 120g ciabatta, sliced into 2cm cubes
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Pinch of caster sugar
- Handful fresh chives, snipped
- 25g shaved vegetarian Parmesan
- Scatter the lettuce leaves over a large platter. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the ciabatta cubes for 6 minutes until browned on all sides and scatter over the salad.
- Whisk together the other oils, lemon juice, garlic and sugar, and season well. Drizzle over the salad. Scatter over the chives and Parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Avocado, pomegranate and bean salad with hazelnut dressing
A simple side salad recipe for gatherings of friends or family. The salad, with a...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...