Chicken and green bean caesar salad
- August 2014
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 free-range egg yolk
- 3 anchovy fillets
- Parmesan to grate
- 1 lemon
- 50ml olive oil
- 100g green beans
- 2 smoked free-range chicken breasts (see tips)
- 2 large ruby gem lettuces
- Fresh basil leaves to serve
- For the dressing, whisk the yogurt and egg yolk in a small bowl. Finely chop the anchovies and mix in. Grate in 2 tbsp parmesan and the zest of the lemon. Whisk in the oil, little by little. Season.
- Boil water in a kettle. Put the beans in a heatproof bowl, cover with water, then leave for 5 minutes (they should still be crunchy). Drain, then squeeze over the juice from the lemon and season.
- Wash, dry and roughly chop the gem leaves, then shred the chicken. Toss both in a bowl with the beans and dressing. To serve, shave over extra parmesan and scatter over the basil leaves. Serve with crusty bread, if you like.
Use leftover roast chicken instead of the smoked chicken. Garlic lovers could add a crushed clove to the dressing.
Note: Contains raw egg
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Proper chicken caesar salad
The combination of chicken, bacon, garlicky dressing and chunky sourdough croutons in this proper caesar...