- 1 corn on the cob or 130g frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
- 1 courgette, coarsely grated
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp self-raising flour
- 2 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Vegetable oil for shallow-frying
- Guacamole and lime wedges to serve
- If using a corn cob, trim the base so it stands flat, then, holding it upright and steady on a chopping board, use a large, sharp knife to slice the kernels off the cob.
- Put the corn kernels in a large bowl with the courgette, spring onions, flour, eggs, coriander and chilli. Season with salt and plenty of black pepper, then mix well together.
- Heat a splash of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. In batches, cook large tablespoonfuls of the mixture for 4-6 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned and cooked through. You may need to add extra oil to the pan. Serve straight away or keep warm in the oven.
- Complete this dish by serving these courgette fritters with lime wedges and fresh guacamole for dipping.
- This gorgeous vegetarian recipe goes perfectly with a cold, crisp, aromatic Sauvignon Blanc.