Corn and courgette fritters
- August 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
Corn and courgette fritters are all about fresh, simple ingredients. Enjoy as a healthy snack, top with an egg for brunch or serve them as a starter before a Mexican feast.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 5.2g (1g saturated)
- 5.6g carbs (1g sugars)
- 1 corn on the cob or 130g frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
- 1 courgette, coarsely grated
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp self-raising flour
- 2 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Vegetable oil for shallow-frying
- Guacamole and lime wedges to serve
- If using a corn cob, trim the base so it stands flat, then, holding it upright and steady on a chopping board, use a large, sharp knife to slice the kernels off the cob.
- Put the corn kernels in a large bowl with the courgette, spring onions, flour, eggs, coriander and chilli. Season with salt and plenty of black pepper, then mix well together.
- Heat a splash of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. In batches, cook large tablespoonfuls of the mixture for 4-6 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned and cooked through. You may need to add extra oil to the pan. Serve straight away or keep warm in the oven.
Complete this dish by serving these courgette fritters with lime wedges and fresh guacamole for dipping.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Smoky sweetcorn fritters with tarragon yogurt
Smoky sweetcorn fritters are vegetarian food done right – served warm from the pan with...