Creamy mushroom and speck gnocchi
- October 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
Speck and mushrooms are cooked in sage butter, them combined with crème fraîche to create this creamy gnocchi dish. Treat the family to a bowl of comfort food this week – all it takes is 25 minutes!
Raise your hand if creamy pasta dishes are your favourite! Well, we’ve got plenty more, here.
- 9.7g (5.2g saturated)
- 30.5g (1.1g sugars)
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 70g speck slices (smoked cured Italian ham)
- Knob of butter
- 5 sage leaves
- 1 shallot
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 400g pack fresh gnocchi
- 2 tbsp parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Crisp green salad, to serve
- Cut the mushrooms into thick wedges and chop the speck slices into thin strips.
- Heat a generous knob of butter in a large frying pan over a low heat. Add the speck and the sage leaves. Cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon onto kitchen paper.
- Chop the shallot and add to the pan along with the mushrooms. Season, then toss over a medium heat until they start to turn golden. Stir in the crème fraîche and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the gnocchi in salted boiling water, following the packet instructions. Just before draining, add a small ladleful of the cooking water to the mushroom sauce and bring to the boil. Toss in the drained gnocchi, fried speck and sage, then grate in the parmesan.
- Toss well to coat the gnocchi in the sauce. Serve with extra parmesan on the side and a crisp green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Speck with apple remoulade on pumpernickel squares
Use slices of pumpernickel bread, a dollop of apple remoulade...
Vegetarian comfort food recipes
Baked gnocchi with cream, mushrooms and blue cheese sauce
This recipe of soft, pillowy gnocchi baked in a creamy...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter