Creamy mushroom and speck gnocchi
- October 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
Speck and mushrooms are cooked in sage butter, them combined with crème fraîche to create this creamy gnocchi dish. Treat the family to a bowl of comfort food this week – all it takes is 25 minutes!
Raise your hand if creamy pasta dishes are your favourite! Well, we’ve got plenty more, here.
- 9.7g (5.2g saturated)
- 30.5g (1.1g sugars)
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 70g speck slices (smoked cured Italian ham)
- Knob of butter
- 5 sage leaves
- 1 shallot
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 400g pack fresh gnocchi
- 2 tbsp parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Crisp green salad, to serve
- Cut the mushrooms into thick wedges and chop the speck slices into thin strips.
- Heat a generous knob of butter in a large frying pan over a low heat. Add the speck and the sage leaves. Cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon onto kitchen paper.
- Chop the shallot and add to the pan along with the mushrooms. Season, then toss over a medium heat until they start to turn golden. Stir in the crème fraîche and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the gnocchi in salted boiling water, following the packet instructions. Just before draining, add a small ladleful of the cooking water to the mushroom sauce and bring to the boil. Toss in the drained gnocchi, fried speck and sage, then grate in the parmesan.
- Toss well to coat the gnocchi in the sauce. Serve with extra parmesan on the side and a crisp green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Speck with apple remoulade on pumpernickel squares
Use slices of pumpernickel bread, a dollop of apple remoulade with speck or other smoked...
Vegetarian comfort food recipes
Baked gnocchi with cream, mushrooms and blue cheese sauce
This recipe of soft, pillowy gnocchi baked in a creamy blue cheese mushroom sauce is...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...