Gnocchi with pancetta and purple sprouting broccoli
- June 2020
- SERVES 2
- HANDS-ON TIME 10 MIN
Pick up a pack of gnocchi and make this six-ingredient dinner tonight, featuring seasonal purple sprouting broccoli, salty pancetta and a splash of sherry. All it takes is 10 minutes!
Feeling indulgent? You’ve got to try this gnocchi twist on cacio e pepe.
- 20.8g (6.4g saturated)
- 68g (5.4g sugars)
- 400g fresh potato gnocchi
- 200g purple sprouting broccoli, cut into 4-5 cm lengths
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 50g sliced pancetta
- 5 tbsp medium sherry or madeira
- Grated zest ½ lemon
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the gnocchi, then bring back to the boil and cook for 1 minute. Add the broccoli to the gnocchi pan, then cook for 2 minutes more until the gnocchi is cooked and the broccoli is just tender. Drain, reserving 3 tbsp cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the pancetta and fry over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until golden. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a plate, then return the pan to the heat
and add the drained gnocchi and broccoli. Increase the heat and
cook for 2 minutes, tossing to coat everything in the pancetta oil.
- Add the sherry or madeira to the frying pan, along with the reserved
cooking water. Season with plenty of black pepper and a little salt, then bubble for 1 minute until the sauce thickens.
- Chop or crumble the pancetta and add half to the pan of gnocchi with the lemon zest. Stir well, divide among 4 bowls or plates, then scatter with the remaining crispy pancetta.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter