Gnocchi with pancetta and purple sprouting broccoli
- June 2020
- SERVES 2
- HANDS-ON TIME 10 MIN
Pick up a pack of gnocchi and make this six-ingredient dinner tonight, featuring seasonal purple sprouting broccoli, salty pancetta and a splash of sherry. All it takes is 10 minutes!
Feeling indulgent? You’ve got to try this gnocchi twist on cacio e pepe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 20.8g (6.4g saturated)
- 68g (5.4g sugars)
- 400g fresh potato gnocchi
- 200g purple sprouting broccoli, cut into 4-5 cm lengths
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 50g sliced pancetta
- 5 tbsp medium sherry or madeira
- Grated zest ½ lemon
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the gnocchi, then bring back to the boil and cook for 1 minute. Add the broccoli to the gnocchi pan, then cook for 2 minutes more until the gnocchi is cooked and the broccoli is just tender. Drain, reserving 3 tbsp cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the pancetta and fry over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until golden. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a plate, then return the pan to the heat
and add the drained gnocchi and broccoli. Increase the heat and
cook for 2 minutes, tossing to coat everything in the pancetta oil.
- Add the sherry or madeira to the frying pan, along with the reserved
cooking water. Season with plenty of black pepper and a little salt, then bubble for 1 minute until the sauce thickens.
- Chop or crumble the pancetta and add half to the pan of gnocchi with the lemon zest. Stir well, divide among 4 bowls or plates, then scatter with the remaining crispy pancetta.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...