Creamy pea and bacon rice
- July 2007
- 4 slices smoked back bacon, roughly chopped
- a 250g pack microwave basmati rice
- 50g frozen peas
- 200ml tub crème fraîche
- zest of ½ lemon
- a small handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Add the rice, stir to break up the grains, then add the peas, crème fraîche, lemon zest and a good splash of water. Bring just to the boil, stirring, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the peas are cooked.
- Stir in the mint and the cooked bacon. Season to taste. Divide between shallow bowls and garnish with small fresh mint leaves. Cut the lemon into wedges and squeeze over the rice to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter