Cheat’s vegetable chilli jackets
- December 2008
- Serves 2
- Ready in 35 minutes
We’ve given baked potato jackets a Mediterranean twist by topping them with a combination of good quality bean soup and spiced ratatouille-style veg.
Jazz up your jackets with more baked potato filling ideas.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 courgette
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 600ml pot fresh chilli bean soup
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Dollop of crème fraîche (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Coat the potatoes with a little olive oil, prick well with a fork, then rub with crushed sea salt.
- Cook in the microwave for 10 minutes on high then bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until crispy and cooked through. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a sauté or frying pan. Add the onion, finely diced, and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, then add the red pepper, diced, and the courgette, diced. Stir through the chilli powder and paprika.
- Cook for 8 minutes more or until softened. Pour the chilli bean soup into the pan and bring to a simmer. Bubble for about 3 minutes, until thickened. Remove the potatoes from the oven and split open.
- Spoon the chilli into the jackets, scatter with fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped, and top with dollops of crème fraîche. Serve with dressed salad leaves, if you like.
Omit the crème fraîche so this recipe is vegan friendly.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...