Creamy spinach pasta with breadcrumbs
- December 2006
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 20 mins
The crunchy gremolata topping, made with lemon, garlic and parsley breadcrumbs, takes this simple vegetarian spinach pasta recipe to a new level.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 500g dried pasta spirals
- 50g coarse fresh white breadcrumbs
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 fat garlic clove, finely chopped
- Handful chopped curly parsley
- 225g bag baby leaf spinach
- 200ml tub half-fat crème fraîche
- Preheat the grill to medium. Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling, lightly salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, spread the breadcrumbs on a baking tray and grill for 2-3 minutes, stirring halfway, until toasted. Tip into a bowl and cool slightly. Mix together with the lemon zest, garlic and parsley. Season and set aside.
- Stir the spinach and crème fraîche into the hot pasta until the spinach has wilted. Stir through half the breadcrumbs, season to taste and divide between bowls. Sprinkle over the remaining breadcrumbs to serve.
Rate & review