Crispy Vietnamese fishcakes
- March 2018
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 25 min
We’ve revamped the humble British fishcake with a Vietnamese twist, using yellow curry paste and frying them in a crunchy panko breadcrumb coating. Serve with extra sweet chilli sauce for dipping.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 21g (2.7g saturated)
- 74g (10.9g sugars)
- 250g pouch of steamed basmati rice
- 1 carrot, grated
- A handful of fresh coriander
- 200g sustainable white fish fillets in chunks
- 2 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- 50g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tbsp lime juice
- ½ tbsp sweet chilli sauce, plus extra to serve
- Salt and pepper
- 1 carrot, julienned/peeled into strips
- 5 spring onions, cut into strips
- In a food processor, pulse together the rice, grated carrot, fresh coriander, fish fillets, yellow curry paste, lime zest and egg, until combined. Shape into 6 patties, then coat with the panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the fishcakes for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through. In a medium bowl, whisk the toasted sesame oil, lime juice, sweet chilli sauce and salt and pepper, then toss in the carrot and spring onions. Serve with extra sweet chilli sauce for dipping.
Assemble the fishcakes and coat them in breadcrumbs up to a day in advance. Cover and keep in the fridge.
Rate & review