Red Thai fishcakes
- May 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 min to make, 6 min to cook, plus chilling
These quick and easy Thai fishcakes make a perfect starter, and really have only three main steps – whizz and stir up the ingredients, chill, fry. They use both king prawns and white fish.
- 10.6g (1.8g saturated)
- 1.6g (1.2g sugar)
- 300g raw peeled king prawns, defrosted
- 150g skinless white fish fillets (such as hoki or coley)
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- Lime wedges and sweet chilli dipping sauce to serve
- Pulse the prawns, fish and curry paste in a food processor until smooth, then stir in the spring onions, coriander and chilli. Form into 8 patties, cover and chill for half an hour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the fishcakes for 3 minutes on each side. Serve with lime wedges, sweet chilli dipping sauce and a green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Thai fishcakes with cucumber salad and dipping sauce
Thai-style fishcakes served with a cucumber salad makes for an easy, fresh and flavoursome dinner...