Red Thai fishcakes
- May 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 min to make, 6 min to cook, plus chilling
These quick and easy Thai fishcakes make a perfect starter, and really have only three main steps – whizz and stir up the ingredients, chill, fry. They use both king prawns and white fish.
- 10.6g (1.8g saturated)
- 1.6g (1.2g sugar)
- 300g raw peeled king prawns, defrosted
- 150g skinless white fish fillets (such as hoki or coley)
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- Lime wedges and sweet chilli dipping sauce to serve
- Pulse the prawns, fish and curry paste in a food processor until smooth, then stir in the spring onions, coriander and chilli. Form into 8 patties, cover and chill for half an hour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the fishcakes for 3 minutes on each side. Serve with lime wedges, sweet chilli dipping sauce and a green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Thai fishcakes with cucumber salad and dipping sauce
Thai-style fishcakes served with a cucumber salad makes for an easy, fresh and flavoursome dinner...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...