Crunchy spring salad
- April 2009
- Serves 8
- Ready in 15 min
A fresh, light salad with extra crunch, this complements rich dishes perfectly.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 13.8g (2g saturated)
- 12.4g (11.6g sugar)
- 200g mixed salad leaves, such as cos, little gem, radicchio and romaine
- 1 large carrot, roughly grated
- 1 bunch of radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, quartered, cored and very thinly sliced
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp large, plump raisins
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Wash all the salad leaves and dry well. Place in a large serving bowl and top with the carrot, radishes, apple, parsley, cucumber, raisins and pumpkin seeds. Toss together well.
- When ready to serve, mix together the olive oil, mustard and lemon juice with a good pinch of salt and ground black pepper. Pour over the salad and toss thoroughly to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Green salad with a walnut and lemon dressing
This fresh, nutty salad recipe goes well with a spread on Boxing Day or makes...
Wild rice salad with peas, pea shoots and green harissa
A summery, vegetarian rice salad recipe full of fresh flavours and with a kick of...