Smoked salmon and beetroot carpaccio
- August 2008
- 100g round or curly lettuce leaves, ripped into bite-size pieces
- 300g cooked beetroot, thinly sliced
- 125g smoked salmon, cut into ribbons
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 100g caperberries
- 1 punnet salad cress, snipped
- 1½ tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Divide the lettuce and beetroot between plates. Top with the salmon, shallots, caperberries and cress.
- Make the dressing. Put the honey, mustard, vinegar, oil and 2 tablespoons water in a clean jam jar, put the lid on and shake together. Season to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
Rate & review