Smoked salmon and beetroot carpaccio
- August 2008
- 100g round or curly lettuce leaves, ripped into bite-size pieces
- 300g cooked beetroot, thinly sliced
- 125g smoked salmon, cut into ribbons
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 100g caperberries
- 1 punnet salad cress, snipped
- 1½ tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Divide the lettuce and beetroot between plates. Top with the salmon, shallots, caperberries and cress.
- Make the dressing. Put the honey, mustard, vinegar, oil and 2 tablespoons water in a clean jam jar, put the lid on and shake together. Season to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fennel and smoked salmon salad with sourdough croutons
This quick and easy fennel and smoked salmon salad with...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter