- Online only
- Large (approx 900g) smoked, un-dyed haddock
- Large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 2 pints milk
- 1 bay leaf
- Handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Knob of butter
- Bring the milk to a gentle boil and poach the haddock for three minutes along with the bay leaf and finely chopped parsley stalks (save the leaves for later on). Turn off the heat and leave for 5 – 10 minutes, then remove the fish and set aside.
- In a large pan gently soften the onion in the butter for a few minutes. Add the warmed milk to the onions and add the mashed potato. Cook gently.
- Flake the haddock into bite size chunks making sure you remove all bones and any skin. Add to the soup along with the parsley and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season as required, though it’s worth remembering that the smoked fish adds a lot of salt to the dish.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter