Curly Wurly raspberry traybake
- April 2017
- Makes 32 pieces
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 25-30 min
Milkybars and raspberry sauce are swirled through cake mixture and topped with bite-sized pieces of Curly Wurly chocolate bars – it’s the candyland dream cake we’ve all been waiting for.
- 6.9g (4.1g saturated)
- 19.6g (12.9g sugars)
- 250g plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g unsalted butter, melted
- 250g light brown sugar
- 3 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 120g Milkybars, roughly chopped
- 3 Curly Wurly bars, roughly chopped
For the raspberry sauce
- 200g frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 40g caster sugar
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice
You’ll also need…
- 27cm x 18cm x 4cm deep roasting tin, lined with non-stick baking paper with a 3cm overhang
- Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas 3½. For the raspberry sauce, put the raspberries into a saucepan with the sugar and lemon juice and heat gently for 5-10 minutes until the berries have broken down. Pour into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. In another mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla with a wooden spoon.
- Using a large metal spoon, gently fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture, fold in the Milkybar pieces, then pour into the lined roasting tin. Swirl through the raspberry sauce with a skewer, then poke in the pieces of Curly Wurly.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until the top has a thick crust and the middle feels squidgy but still holds its shape. For a more cakey texture, bake for an extra 5-10 minutes. Cool in the tin, then cut into 32 squares.
Watch the Curly Wurly raspberry traybake recipe video…
Bake up to 48 hours ahead and keep in a sealed container. Or freeze in food bags for up to 3 months. Defrost before serving. The tray bake is best eaten at room temperature or gently warmed.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter