Dishoom’s Kebab Masala
- September 2019
- Makes 35g
- Hands on time 10 min, cooking time 20 min
Indian restaurant Dishoom’s magic spice mix will keep for a while but is best freshly ground – use it to finish kebabs, vegetables and meat.
Use this spice mix in Dishoom’s feisty gunpowder potato recipe.
- 10g kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves; from souschef.co.uk)
- 22g chaat masala
- 2g deggi mirch (see Know-how)
- 1g garam masala
- 1g fine sea salt
- Heat the oven to 100°C/80°C fan/lowest gas setting.
- Sprinkle 10g kastori methi onto a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Whizz in a spice grinder with 22g chaat masala, 2g deggi, 1g garam masala and 1g fine sea salt, then decant into an airtight container or jar. Store in a cool, dark cupboard and use within 2 weeks.
This recipe has been taken from Dishoom’s new cookery book, Dishoom: From Bombay with Love. Order yourself a copy here.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter