Dishoom’s Kebab Masala
- September 2019
- Makes 35g
- Hands on time 10 min, cooking time 20 min
Indian restaurant Dishoom’s magic spice mix will keep for a while but is best freshly ground – use it to finish kebabs, vegetables and meat.
Use this spice mix in Dishoom’s feisty gunpowder potato recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 10g kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves; from souschef.co.uk)
- 22g chaat masala
- 2g deggi mirch (see Know-how)
- 1g garam masala
- 1g fine sea salt
- Heat the oven to 100°C/80°C fan/lowest gas setting.
- Sprinkle 10g kastori methi onto a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Whizz in a spice grinder with 22g chaat masala, 2g deggi, 1g garam masala and 1g fine sea salt, then decant into an airtight container or jar. Store in a cool, dark cupboard and use within 2 weeks.
This recipe has been taken from Dishoom’s new cookery book, Dishoom: From Bombay with Love. Order yourself a copy here.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...