Edamame and chorizo salad with fried egg
- July 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
A quick and easy edamame and chorizo salad recipe that uses just seven ingredients and is ready in just 25 minutes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 20.8g (6.3 saturated)
- 8.7g (4.2g sugars)
- 200g frozen edamame (soya) beans, defrosted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red or white onion
- 150g cooking chorizo
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 200g rocket
- 1 lemon
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then cook the beans for 1-2 minutes until just tender. Drain, then refresh under cold water until cool. Drain again, then set aside in a large bowl.
- Slice the onion and chorizo. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion for 5 minutes. Add the chorizo and fry for a further 10 minutes or until the chorizo has some colour. Transfer to the bowl with the beans.
- Turn up the heat under the pan and crack in the 4 eggs. Fry for 2 minutes or until the egg whites are set and starting to crisp around the edges. Remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, toss the rocket through the chorizo mixture, then squeeze over the juice of the lemon and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates, then top each with a fried egg to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...