Edamame and chorizo salad with fried egg
- July 2015
- 200g frozen edamame (soya) beans, defrosted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red or white onion
- 150g cooking chorizo
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 200g rocket
- 1 lemon
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then cook the beans for 1-2 minutes until just tender. Drain, then refresh under cold water until cool. Drain again, then set aside in a large bowl.
- Slice the onion and chorizo. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion for 5 minutes. Add the chorizo and fry for a further 10 minutes or until the chorizo has some colour. Transfer to the bowl with the beans.
- Turn up the heat under the pan and crack in the 4 eggs. Fry for 2 minutes or until the egg whites are set and starting to crisp around the edges. Remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, toss the rocket through the chorizo mixture, then squeeze over the juice of the lemon and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates, then top each with a fried egg to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter