Quick lemon chicken traybake
- April 2010
- 300g new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 free-range chicken legs
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 lemon, ½ juiced, ½ cut into slices
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 70ml white wine
- 150g frozen mixed grilled vegetables
- Handful fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°/fan180°C/gas 6. Place the potatoes in a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp oil and some seasoning, then spread over a roasting tray. Season the chicken legs, drizzle with the honey and lemon juice and place on top of the potatoes. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic, lemon slices and tomatoes to the tray, turn over the chicken legs and pour over the wine. Pop back in the oven for another 15 minutes, adding the mixed vegetables and chopped parsley for the final 10 minutes of cooking. Check the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve with lemony couscous.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Lemon, ginger and coriander chicken with potatoes and slaw
Freshly grated ginger, lemon zest and crushed coriander seeds work...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter