Quick lemon chicken traybake
- April 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 min to make, 30 min to cook
This simple chicken traybake recipe evokes sunny Mediterranean food and, because it’s ready in just 35 minutes, it makes an ideal midweek meal.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 300g new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 free-range chicken legs
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 lemon, ½ juiced, ½ cut into slices
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 70ml white wine
- 150g frozen mixed grilled vegetables
- Handful fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°/fan180°C/gas 6. Place the potatoes in a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp oil and some seasoning, then spread over a roasting tray. Season the chicken legs, drizzle with the honey and lemon juice and place on top of the potatoes. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic, lemon slices and tomatoes to the tray, turn over the chicken legs and pour over the wine. Pop back in the oven for another 15 minutes, adding the mixed vegetables and chopped parsley for the final 10 minutes of cooking. Check the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve with lemony couscous.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
March seasonal recipes
Tray-roast salmon and vegetables with crème fraîche and crumbs
Midweek dinner couldn’t be any easier than combining breadcrumb-coated salmon fillets with slice potatoes, broccoli...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...