Chicken, satsuma and sherry traybake
- December 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 40 min
This easy chicken dinner is one of those delightful recipes where you chuck everything in a tray and let the oven do the rest.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 11.9g (2.7g saturated)
- 30.7g (7.9g sugars)
- 4 British free-range chicken legs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 satsumas, peeled and thinly sliced
- A few fresh thyme or rosemary sprigs
- 500g maris piper potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced into wedges
- 250ml fino sherry (or dry white wine)
- 500ml chicken stock
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Put the chicken legs, olive oil, onion, garlic, satsumas, herbs, potatoes and fennel in a large bowl, season with salt and black pepper and mix everything together well.
- Divide the chicken and vegetables evenly between 2 large roasting tins and pour over equal amounts of the sherry and stock. Roast for 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp. Serve with a green salad, if you like.
For smaller appetites cut the chicken legs into thigh and drumstick portions. Next time, swap the fennel for 4 halved heads of chicory, or 6 peeled banana shallots
Rate & review