Fennel and broad bean salad with hazelnuts and feta
- July 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
A fresh, light summer salad recipe made with fennel, green beans, broad beans and crispy sourdough croutons.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 37.1g (9.9 saturated)
- 24.9g (4.8g sugars)
- 150g sourdough bread
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to season
- 75g roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 100g skinned broad beans
- 200g green beans
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- 200g crumbled feta
- Handful of fresh basil leaves.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Tear the sourdough bread into chunks, then toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and some salt. Tip onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until golden, adding the hazelnuts after 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, finely slice your fennel lengthways and put in a large bowl. Add the broad beans and green beans, trimmed and roughly chopped.
- Add white wine vinegar and the remaining olive oil, a generous amount of seasoning and a the sugar. Toss, then leave for 5 minutes.
- Toss the baked croutons and hazelnuts through the salad along with the feta and basil leaves. Check the seasoning, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...