Pear, fennel and walnut salad
- February 2004
- Serves 4
- Ready in about 15 minutes
Enjoy this light pear and fennel salad eaten on its own, as a starter, or it goes well with fish. It’s quick and easy to make, only really requiring some chopping and slicing.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 2 bulbs of fennel
- Juice of half a lemon
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 slightly under-ripe or very crunchy pears
- Handful of roasted walnut pieces
- 50g shaved fresh Parmesan
- First, the fennel, which will get to sit in the dressing before the other ingredients. Remove the tough outer skin and cut it in half from top to bottom. Now lay the flat surface on a chopping board and slice in a cross section from side to side – the pieces will be slightly harp-shaped. Dress the fennel with the lemon juice, a glug of the oil and a generous pinch of sea salt. Set it to one side.
- Now peel and core the pears before slicing them thinly. Add them to the fennel and toss them together so they get coated with the dressing. Top with the walnut pieces and the Parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Orange, fennel and feta salad
Orange, fennel and feta salad is quick to prepare and makes a healthy accompaniment to...