Wild garlic, artichoke and lemon rice
- April 2011
- Serves 6-8
- Ready in 20 minutes
Fresh lemon, seasonal artichoke and the sweetness of wild garlic makes this vegetarian rice recipe the perfect dish for a spring day.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 6.2g (0.6g saturated)
- 50.6g carbs (1.2g sugars)
- 500g basmati and wild rice
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into quarters
- Splash of olive oil
- Small knob of butter
- 500g wild garlic, from good greengrocers (or see tip)
- 280g jar chargrilled artichokes in olive oil, drained
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the rice. Add 2 lemon › quarters to the pan and simmer for 12-15 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a pan and gently sauté the wild garlic (or wilted spinach and chopped garlic) for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the rice and stir in the lemon zest and the juice of the remaining 2 lemon quarters. Fold in the buttery wild garlic and the artichoke pieces, then serve.
If you can’t find wild garlic, gently fry 4 finely sliced garlic cloves in some butter or olive oil, then add a 400g bag of baby spinach leaves and cook until just wilted.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Rice salad for picnics
A truly retro picnic recipe – rice with broad beans, spring onions, tuna, cheese and...
Wild rice salad with peas, pea shoots and green harissa
A summery, vegetarian rice salad recipe full of fresh flavours and with a kick of...