Feta and pea tortilla
- June 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make
This veggie feta and pea frittata is fresh and filling. It’s good cold too – in a lunchbox or for a picnic.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 26.9g (12g saturated)
- 15g (2.1g sugar)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red-skinned potatoes such as desirée (about 225g), coarsely grated, rinsed and squeezed dry
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 200g feta
- 150g frozen petits pois (we like Birds Eye)
- Small bunch of chives, snipped
- Italian leaf salad to serve
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a 23cm non-stick frying pan. Cook the grated potatoes for a few minutes until they begin to soften.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and cube the cheese, then mix together with the peas and snipped chives and season well. Preheat the grill.
- Tip the egg mixture over the potatoes and cook over a gentle heat for 10-12 minutes until almost set. Pop the pan under the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes until puffed, golden and cooked through. Cut into wedges and serve with the salad.
Rate & review