Feta-stuffed peppers with giant couscous
- August 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
These feta-stuffed peppers are easy to make and full of flavour. Make them for a light supper or dinner party starter.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 22g (8.6g saturated)
- 17.9g (10.5g sugars)
- 4 romano peppers, halved lengthways and seeds removed
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 50g giant couscous (also called Israeli couscous or moghrabieh)
- 200g pack feta cheese, crumbled
- 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Lay the peppers in an ovenproof dish, drizzle with 2 tbsp of the oil and bake for 10 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Meanwhile cook the couscous according to the packet instructions. Mix with the rest of the ingredients and season to taste.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, then stuff each half with the feta and couscous mixture. Drizzle with a little more oil and pop back in the oven for a further 15 minutes or until the peppers are cooked and the cheese has melted. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick couscous-stuffed peppers
Stuffed peppers make the perfect vegetarian starter, side dish or even main course that can...
Courgette, basil and rice-stuffed peppers
These stuffed peppers make a great vegetarian side and are ideal with some garlic bread.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...