Feta-stuffed peppers with giant couscous
- August 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
These feta-stuffed peppers are easy to make and full of flavour. Make them for a light supper or dinner party starter.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 22g (8.6g saturated)
- 17.9g (10.5g sugars)
- 4 romano peppers, halved lengthways and seeds removed
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 50g giant couscous (also called Israeli couscous or moghrabieh)
- 200g pack feta cheese, crumbled
- 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Lay the peppers in an ovenproof dish, drizzle with 2 tbsp of the oil and bake for 10 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Meanwhile cook the couscous according to the packet instructions. Mix with the rest of the ingredients and season to taste.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, then stuff each half with the feta and couscous mixture. Drizzle with a little more oil and pop back in the oven for a further 15 minutes or until the peppers are cooked and the cheese has melted. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick couscous-stuffed peppers
Stuffed peppers make the perfect vegetarian starter, side dish or even main course that can...
Courgette, basil and rice-stuffed peppers
These stuffed peppers make a great vegetarian side and are ideal with some garlic bread.