Courgette, basil and rice-stuffed peppers
- August 2007
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 15 mins, plus 25 mins cooking time
These stuffed peppers make a great vegetarian side and are ideal with some garlic bread.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1 each orange and yellow peppers
- 1 large courgette
- 500g tub New Covent Garden Co. Slow Roasted Tomato & Herb Risotto
- A good handful fresh basil leaves
- 40g vegetarian Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Halve and deseed the peppers, drizzle with a little olive oil, season and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the courgette, diced, and fry for 5 minutes, until softened and lightly charred.
- Add the New Covent Garden Co. Slow Roasted Tomato & Herb Risotto, heat through and stir in the basil leaves, torn..
- Spoon into the peppers and sprinkle over the Parmesan, freshly grated. Roast for 10 minutes, until piping hot. Serve with hot garlic bread, if you like.
Rate & review