Fish with rainbow beetroot and orange salad
- June 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Brighten up your dinner table with this healthy fish recipe served with a colourful beetroot and orange salad.
Or see this mackerel and beetroot salad for a just-as-gorgeous light lunch or starter.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 16.1g (2.3g saturated)
- 15.1g (14.6g sugars)
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 large golden beetroot (see tips)
- 2 large candy beetroot (see tips)
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 large navel oranges, skin and pith removed (see tips)
- Large handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Handful of green olives, chopped
- 4 sustainable white fish fillets
- Mix the olive oil with the chilli flakes in a small bowl. Peel the beetroot, then carefully slice into rounds as thinly as you can with a sharp knife or mandoline. Put in a shallow dish. Scatter the zest and pour the lemon juice over the beetroot with a big pinch of salt. Toss, then set aside for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the navel oranges into thin rounds. Season the fish and drizzle with a little olive oil. Heat a large frying pan over a high heat, then fry the fish (in batches if necessary) for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Arrange the beetroot and orange slices over 4 plates, then top each with a fish fillet. Scatter over the parsley, chopped olives and a drizzle of chilli oil to serve.
Blood oranges would also be gorgeous with this, when in season. Find different coloured beetroot in larger supermarkets or grocers.
Rate & review