Fresh rosemary and fennel jerked pork
- July 2007
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 10 mins, 45 mins barbecuing time, plus marinating
This rosemary and fennel pork recipe is a delicious summer dish that works perfectly on the barbecue.
- 5.1g (0.3g saturated)
- 0.4g (trace sugar)
- Trace salt
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Leaves of 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g pork loin fillet
- Lightly crush the fennel in a pestle and mortar. Add the garlic, rosemary, allspice, some seasoning and pound to a coarse paste.
- Rub the oil onto the pork, then massage in the paste. Cover and chill in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Remove from the fridge 1 hour before barbecuing. Barbecue over medium coals for 45 minutes, until crusty and cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes before carving.
As loin of pork is a naturally lean cut, it’s important not to overcook it, or it will dry out.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Easter lunch recipes
Crackling pork loin with apricot, sherry and hazelnut stuffing
Looking for the perfect roast pork for Easter Sunday? This...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter