Fresh tomato linguine with parsley breadcrumbs
- August 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Parsley breadcrumbs take this from a simple pasta dish to a sophisticated midweek meal worthy of an Italian restaurant.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 13.8g (1.9g saturated)
- 91.8g (7.4g sugars)
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- Small bunch fresh basil, leaves picked and chopped
- Small bunch fresh parsley, leaves finely chopped
- 80g fresh or dried breadcrumbs
- 400g linguine
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the tomatoes, garlic, 2 tbsp oil, vinegar and basil into a mixing bowl. Mix together using a wooden spoon, lightly bruising the tomatoes, then set aside while you make the parsley breadcrumbs.
- In a small bowl, mix the parsley and breadcrumbs with the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and a generous pinch of salt. Spread the breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- Cook the linguine in a large pan of salted boiling water for 10-11 minutes (or according to the packet instructions) until al dente, then drain, reserving 4 tbsp of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pan with the tomato mixture and the cooking water and toss together over a gentle heat until well combined. Serve with the breadcrumbs sprinkled over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Summer soup recipes
Spicy sweetcorn soup with toasted corn and crispy pancetta
This easy sweetcorn soup recipe is made extra-special by a sprinkling of toasted corn and...
Recipes that will make you excited for autumn
Spicy butterbean, chickpea and butternut squash stew
Enjoy this vegetarian stew recipe, made with butternut squash, butterbeans and chickpeas, as a healthy...