Fresh tomato linguine with parsley breadcrumbs
- August 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Parsley breadcrumbs take this from a simple pasta dish to a sophisticated midweek meal worthy of an Italian restaurant.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 13.8g (1.9g saturated)
- 91.8g (7.4g sugars)
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- Small bunch fresh basil, leaves picked and chopped
- Small bunch fresh parsley, leaves finely chopped
- 80g fresh or dried breadcrumbs
- 400g linguine
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the tomatoes, garlic, 2 tbsp oil, vinegar and basil into a mixing bowl. Mix together using a wooden spoon, lightly bruising the tomatoes, then set aside while you make the parsley breadcrumbs.
- In a small bowl, mix the parsley and breadcrumbs with the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and a generous pinch of salt. Spread the breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- Cook the linguine in a large pan of salted boiling water for 10-11 minutes (or according to the packet instructions) until al dente, then drain, reserving 4 tbsp of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pan with the tomato mixture and the cooking water and toss together over a gentle heat until well combined. Serve with the breadcrumbs sprinkled over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Summer soup recipes
Spicy sweetcorn soup with toasted corn and crispy pancetta
This easy sweetcorn soup recipe is made extra-special by a sprinkling of toasted corn and...