Fruity chicken curry traybake
- February 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 25 min
Take a pack of chicken breasts and make our easy chicken curry in the oven – its creamy, fruity sauce is delicious with naan or rice.
Or, for an easy chicken curry recipe that’s bursting with spices and healthy to boot, try this healthier chicken korma.
- 9.9g (1.5g saturated)
- 25.2g (19.4g sugars)
- 5.4 g
- 3 tbsp curry paste
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 100g natural yogurt
- 4 free-range skinless chicken breasts
- A 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp sultanas
- 200g thawed frozen peas
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- A handful of fresh coriander
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Mix the curry paste with the mango chutney and yogurt in a bowl, then add the chicken breasts and toss to coat. Transfer the coated chicken to a plate.
- Stir the chopped tomatoes, onion and sultanas into the remaining yogurt mixture, then spread it onto an oven tray. Top with the chicken pieces and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir the peas into the sauce, then return to the oven for 5 minutes until cooked through. Sprinkle over the almonds and coriander. Serve the curry on its own or with some steamed rice.
Any leftovers will keep covered and chilled for up to 2 days.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter