Thai-style chicken and potato curry
- May 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, simmering time 30 min
Jazz up this easy midweek meal by adding other veg to the sauce with the potatoes; sugar snaps and baby corn would work well, as would quartered pak choi.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 19.7g (8.8g saturated)
- 19.3g (4g sugars)
- 400g new potatoes, quartered
- 8 free-range skinless and boneless chicken thighs, cut into 3cm chunks
- 3 tbsp red Thai curry paste (we like Thai Taste)
- 400ml tin reduced-fat coconut milk
- 150g spinach
From the storecupboard
- Olive oil for frying
To serve (optional)
- Greek yogurt, lime wedges and fresh mint or coriander
- Bring a medium pan of water to the boil, then cook the potatoes for 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain well.
- Heat a glug of oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add the drained potatoes and the chicken, then fry for 10 minutes on a high heat or until they start to turn golden.
- Stir in the curry paste and fry for a few minutes, then add the coconut milk. Bring to a gentle simmer, then cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are tender – add a splash of water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Stir the spinach into the curry and leave to wilt for 5 minutes. Taste, season if needed, then serve. It’s good as is, but garnish with a dollop of yogurt, lime wedges for squeezing and a few fresh mint or coriander leaves if you have them to hand.
Rate & review